Thursday, August 09, 2007

Orientation

Wow. My little boy is going to Pre-K this year! We went to his school's orientation today and he had a good time. I left the room for about 30min while he stayed and when I came back he was dancing and singing with a teacher and some other kids. It looks like there are a lot of girls in his class. The 1st thing he told me today before we even got there was he only wanted to play with boys, not girls. Where did he learn that from?? I still worry that he's too advanced for what the curriculum is though. All the state req. before Kindergarten when it comes to the alphabet is that they know 8 letters. 8 out of 26?! Come on. Logan is reading everything in sight. I would guess he's at at least a 1st grade reading level. I know Pre-K isn't so much about learning but when I think of school, I think about learning. They are synonomous in my eyes. I know he's going to learn some stuff like days of the week, month, weather, etc and learn to listen to the teacher but I just want him to keep going. I'm sure next year I'll be typing this same post again. LOL There wasn't much time to speak one on one with his teachers today so hopefully I'll get that chance in the near future.

Ian is going to take this break from his brother hard I think- at least as first. Today while we were in chapel (parents meeting while the kids were in the classroom) all he wanted to do was go get Logan. I'll have to do something with him next week to keep his mind off of Logan.

Here's a small world moment- while at Beall's on Wed, I met this woman who was also buying clothes for her son. We were lamenting on the small selection. Guess who is in Logan's class? Her son! Out of all the preschools in Brandon, I thought that was neat.

No pregnancy updates- nearly 8 weeks now and just as unenergized as ever. I'm dragging by the afternoon. We went out to eat the other night and I swear it took great effort. And don't wake me early from a nap- I'm grumpy! LOL

No comments: