Monday, November 12, 2007

Fire in the neighborhood

I was taking my oldest to school this morning only to see a fire station ambulance with lights flashing coming towards me. I got to where he turned and there were at least 5-6 fire trucks and a hose running across the street. OMG! I didn't see any flames or anyone running around though. I got back about an hour later and there was only one truck left. I stopped by the house on my way home this afternoon from ds' school and asked if they needed anything (they were outside) but was told no. I don't know what happened but they weren't the most polite people. I would have at least said no but thank you for your offer, but I just got a No and the lady started talking to someone else. (fwiw, they'd been sitting outside in lawn chairs for a while) I just happened on this article though from our local news about the fireman. Hope he's okay! I'm glad that the house wasn't occupied at the time but it still really sucks for the homeowner.

No comments: