Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hmmm

Not exactly sure why I'm writing anything tonight. I'll have to make something up here......Thanksgiving is getting closer and I told my mom I'd make pies. I love making desserts. She wants me to make this pumpkin/cool whip pie thing from Kraft. I hate cool whip. Blech! It always leaves me with a tummy ache. She only wants "real" (aka fattening) pies too. She's gonna have to compromise if she wants that cool whip crap. LOL I'll make it, but I'm going to make something yummy and healthy for me. Dh suggested the spice/pumpkin cake I made a few weeks ago. Yum! I also saw a recipe for a praline pumpkin pie on WW website I think. I'll make an apple pie for my dad too. I'm lucky- dh always peels the apples for me. Isn't he sweet?

I can't believe Christmas is so close already. It's unreal. I think I've got the boys' shopping done. I have no clue what to buy some of my family. I'm at a complete loss. I don't want to do the same food baskets I've done in the past. I made my grandmother a towel "cake" 2(or 3) years ago bc I knew she wanted towels and this was a unique way to "wrap" them. As of last year, they were still in cake form bc it was "too pretty" to take apart. She uses them as a Christmas decoration in the bathroom. I take it as a compliment. I do think I'm going to make some photo calendars using my digital scrapbooking kit and have those printed for gifts. I guess gift cards will be in store for a lot of people. I just don't see them very often or they don't need anything.

Keela, I know you like to read what everyone's buying the kids so here's our list (LOL) There may be more I'm forgetting.

Logan- Mack (Cars) playset, FP digital camera, 2 wooden Thomas trains (if they get here in time), Ramone and Luigi (Cars) playsets, Cars carrying case/racetrack, hooded towel and we make fix up a bike he has in the shed.

Ian- Vtech Smartville train and ice cream shoppe, TMX Elmo, Thomas stuffed train, Playful Puppy thingy (moves and makes noises), hooded towel

Ok, I can't think of anything else to write right now. I know there were some very cute Loganisms recently but my brain is tired and doesn't remember them. I hate that I can't remember them. It's like a piece of childhood gone.

No comments: