Monday, March 05, 2007

So much/nothing to say

I haven't blogged in a week. Wow. So much has happened and yet nothing much has happened.

Last weekend we left for Disney for my birthday weekend. We arrived at the Polynesian resort on Saturday and checked in. The hotel is beautiful. It took us a few minutes to get our bearings since the resort is so big. There are beautiful gardens and waterfalls, a beach overlooking the other hotels and the Magic Kingdom/Castle and fun pools. It's within walking distance to the Ticket/Transportation Center (faster than taking the monorail to the T&TC) and there's a walking path to the Grand Floridian as well. The rooms are large and spacious- much more so than the mod hotel we stayed at in the fall- Coronado Springs(which was a great hotel).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sunday we got up and went to the Ohana breakfast where we got to meet Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. It's a family style breakfast and they bring out SO much food! I ate so much bacon that morning. LOL They give out maracas to the kids for a parade around the restaurant with the characters. Logan got in front of Lilo instead of behind so he was either leading the parade or really, really far behind Pluto. LOL
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We went to the Magic Kingdom afterward and rode a few things. I also got to meet my gf from Michigan whom I've "known" for like 3-4 years and her boys. Logan and her son Adam got along great. They even happened to be wearing the same shirts when they met. We didn't get much time together though as Ian was cranky so we decided to meet the next day (Monday). Alas, it wasn't meant to be this time.
Monday, Ian woke me up at 5:30am throwing up. Ugh. It lasted until 11am when we checked out of the hotel, cancelled my bday dinner ressie and went home. He ended up sleeping the entire way home. I sat in the 3rd row to make sure he was okay and napped myself! Since we did come home early, I got to go to my MNI and enjoy myself with friends for a little while.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tuesday was uneventful until Tuesday night when he got sick again. Wed at 3am I woke up with it and it lasted 5 hours. It was horrible. I had to call dh home from work bc I was in no condition to care for the boys. I got some sleep and I'm glad I was better bc Ian was up sick again that night. I had to miss my bday dinner with my gf that night too. That's 2 bday dinners in one week! Thursday night Logan was sick a couple of times and dh had a fever Thursday and Friday. I was so ready for it to be over by then. We actually got some sleep Friday/Sat/Sunday though so besides having colds, I am praying the stomach flu part is over with.

I did get a new(er) car on Monday night though. Ian was feeling better so we made a trip out to Tarpon Springs to see a car and ended up bringing it home. It's a 2003 Honda Pilot EX with Leather/dvd. It's Evergreen Pearl and really nice. I thought it would be a lot roomier than it is for an 8 passenger car. You'd be hard pressed to put adults in the 3rd row. I'm just used to the van I guess which has a lot more room. We are keeping my van though so we have an alternate. Dh is now in audio mode- switching speakers in the 3 cars, getting a new dvd system (new car one doesn't work) for my truck, new stereo in my truck, etc. Now I can rock(bass) out in my new truck too. Hehehe.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: