Monday, July 09, 2007

Bittersweet goodbye

Today was our last swim lesson with Mr. Thom. He's moving to Minnesota on Thursday. :( I'm sad to see him going. He's so great with all the kids he works with. My boys love him to pieces. I don't think Logan really gets that Mr Thom is moving away. I made him a small photo album of the past 2 years worth of lessons so he has something to remember them by. He really liked it and said noone had ever done anything like that for him. He and his dw are taking the move hard now that it's really hit them that this is their last week here. I guess they had a going away thing at church this past Sunday and she broke down. He didn't think she was taking it so hard. I told him he could always change his mind about leaving. ;) And so we'll miss Mr Thom. He taught Logan to swim and taught Ian not only safety and how to swim, but that swimming and being in a pool is fun ( no more screaming!). I can only hope we find swim instructors in the future who have the same great attitude and qualities as Mr Thom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodbye Mr.Thom.

jen