Sunday, December 09, 2007

Natural Birth and update

I may blog about this more in the future but I was thinking about it tonight so here goes....

Is it horrible that I'm thinking of giving birth naturally for a lot of selfish reasons? I know it's better for the baby without chemicals (like pain meds) being administered but I'm mainly thinking about it in the way that I won't have to have an IV, no blood pressure cuff constantly, I'll have the ability to move around and change positions and not have to stay in bed, I can eat and drink.... I'm kinda freaking out about the pain though. Oh the pain...I was in natural labor with my 2nd for nearly 24 hours. I took Hypnobirthing class but I guess it didn't work for me or I didn't work hard enough at it because I was never able to relax thru those contractions. It's hard not to tense up when you are in pain. I really need to pull out those CDs and start listening to them again. I should put them on my iPod! Hmmm.

Well while I'm on the subject... I'm now 25 weeks. I'm over half way there, can you believe it? She's constantly moving or kicking me it seems. Sometimes way up high and sometimes way down low. She's approx 1.5lbs and 13.5in according to Babycenter. We've scheduled our 3D/4D ultrasound for the 21st and I can't wait to post some pics! I have to go get the glucose screening this Wed. and I hope I pass. I really don't want to deal with the 3 hour test. At least I get to eat beforehand. My schedule for Wed looks like this-

7:15ish-8am wake up, get dressed, get boys breakfast if dh hasn't
8am- must eat breakfast, 2 eggs, 2 whole wheat toast, 2 pats butter, water (or unsweet tea/coffee yech!)
8:45ish- out the door to take Logan to school
9am- drink glucose drink in 5min time, drive to Lakeland
9:45-10am- get blood drawn

Does that look like a fun morning or what? Aren't you jealous? LOL At least I don't mind the orange glucose drink. It's kinda like a super sweet orange soda.

I am noticing I get tired much easier this time around. Walking around Disney really takes it out of me and I noticed I tend to sit and rest more. I feel like a whale and I still have a long way to go. I don't want to eat anything remotely healthy and I almost can't wait to get back on Weight Watchers. I won't go back to that until probably May though. I lost all that weight (over 70lbs) and now I've gained back 20 or more and while I know it's mainly the baby, it's still tough. It hasn't stopped me from eating though. LOL! Maybe dh will get me a gym membership for Christmas next year...that's an idea! I'll forget it by tomorrow though...my brain is fried. Why is it pregnancy fries your brain? I guess that's a post for another time.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

I love that you think you're having a natural birth for selfish reasons. I had epidurals for selfish reasons... like I have a low tolerance for pain and I wanted to be awake in case of emergency c-section (which almost happened with Katie). If you're willing to go through all of that pain to give birth, then I doubt you can call yourself "selfish." Then again, if we're willing to devote our lives to raising our children, then I doubt anyone can call us "selfish" no matter how our children come into this world.

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you mentioned the weight gain! I've been meaning to email you and ask how you're handling that. I lost close to 20 lbs a couple years ago and have managed to keep about 15 of it off. Now I'm having SUCH a hard time with the fact that I'm SUPPOSED to gain weight. Everyday that I get on the scale I hate to look down. I might need some counseling!! LOL!