Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Old Friends

Have you ever had a friend you've lost touch with and you still think about them? I used to have a friend, a best friend, that stopped calling, emailing, etc nearly 2 years ago and I still can't get her out of my mind. I think it's because I don't know why we lost touch. She still lives in town but I don't know where and I don't have a number for her. She remarried last year and before we lost touch, I was told I was invited to the wedding but no invitation ever came. :( I don't even know her new last name. We used to do everything together. We got in trouble together, we worked together in high school, we laughed and cried together, we dated together. I was at her family functions. I called her parents Mom and Dad.

Dh came home yesterday and said he ran into her ex-dh and they talked for a few minutes. Maybe that's why I'm thinking about her again or maybe it's just the time of year. We have kids that are only a few months apart but don't know each other. Her dd will turn 3 in February. She doesn't even know I'm having a 3rd baby. It's all pretty sad. I have tried emailing her but I've never gotten a response. The emails haven't been returned though either. I guess unless I happen to run into her, I'll always wonder what happened....

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Cheer up! I am your friend. And you have so many other good friends that you are abundant.