Monday, December 17, 2007

Owie!! Part 2

Well the surgery part wasn't so bad but my foot and leg are aching so bad right now. Owwwww. I just took some Tylenol to help with that and I'll try to keep my foot up as much as possible today. She froze my foot pretty well so I didn't feel the needle when she numbed my toe. It was over in like 5 min (after an hours wait!). Now I have to soak it in Epsom salt, betadine it, peroxide it and Neoporin it for the next week. Yippee.... Ian was pretty good about being patient for the most part. He was in his stroller and I'm sure he got tired of it. I used every trick I had though- cell phones, peekaboo, video iPod(no sound though) and then a lollipop. He watched the Dr do her thing without a problem. I kept my eyes covered. LOL I don't mind watching surgery or blood but didn't want to see it on myself. Even the Dr said she doesn't think she could watch on herself. Thankfully it's over now. I get to wear a pretty blue shoe for the rest of the day. I hae errands to run tomorrow (picking up a turkey!) so hopefully I can wear my Crocs tomorrow. I would pick the coldest week to have this done. sigh...
She did say that she sees ingrowns a lot in pregnant women. And speaking of that, neither she nor her nurse thought I was pg! I guess I didn't appear as far along as I am. Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not. LOL Here are a couple of pics. Don't worry- nothing graphic!

My foot all bandaged up...no I didn't do a fake tan, that's betadine!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My pretty shoe I'll be wearing today and possibly tomorrow!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Stacy said...

hope it heals well! and quick!