Monday, December 18, 2006

Busch Gardens, Burlington and Christmas is coming!

So we were given tickets to BG and we went yesterday. My BIL and his GF has passes but I'm not sure what they do all day there as BIL does not ride anything. Logan enjoyed it but dh and I agreed, Disney is worlds better. I'm seriously tempted to write BG about their policies.
1. It's a NO SMOKING park! There are designated areas to smoke yet everywhere we walked, there were people near us smoking. NOONE enforced the policy. One guy was smoking next to our stroller as we were getting off the carousel and could have easily burned someone as he wasn't paying a bit of attention.
2. Not a BG policy per se but maybe unwritten- Don't cuss in front of kids. Give me a break. I don't want my children hearing the F-bomb or any other swear words at a theme park. Seriously, if you can't find another word to use, then you are not that intelligent.
3. The carousel- I never would have taken Ian on had I known we would have to sit on a bench. What fun is that?! I guess he's considered an "infant" and I was told we had to sit on the bench for the ride. Even Disney and Lowry Park allow him to sit on a horse. It's not like I'm going to let go of him.

Rides- there's not much for the little ones to do with the parents. Ian had to sit in his stroller most of the day. There are rides for kids, but most are 56" or under which means parents are out. Logan went on them by himself but Ian couldn't do anything. I certainly don't trust him by himself on one. The train ride was rather boring. Logan was just happy to ride the train though. One good thing- Dragon land was fun! Logan and I went up and around and across the rope bridge (way up high!). We went down the bouncy rope bridge area. I swear I felt like I was still bouncy on land. LOL I'm glad I'm able to do stuff like this with him now and not get all out of breath or something. He didn't like the bounce house thing for kids- he couldn't keep his balance well. Oh and the baby white tigers were the absolute cutest!!! They were rolling around, biting and wrestling. each other. When the trainers came it, one was still very rambunctious and she kept having to grab him by the scruff of the neck- just like a mama tiger would do. Of course, there's always someone who thinks they are just being cruel- gimme a break.

People watching- Julie, I wanted to take a pic for you, but dh had the camera and was in line with Logan. If you have to squeeze/jump/pour yourself into a pair of pants- they don't fit! Noone wants to see your belly (muffin top)hanging out of your pants under your too short shirt. I saw too many women like this. Repeat after me- just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

Don't get me wrong, we did have a good time, but maybe it will be better when everyone is old/tall enough to actually ride the rides.


******~~~~~~******~~~~~~******~~~~~~******~~~~~~*****

Now onto Burlington- the boys and I went this morning to get something for Christmas. The store is so messy- it's ridiculous. It's not like we went on a weekend, it's a Monday and personally, I think they should have the store cleaned up after closing. When I worked at TRU (that's Toys R Us), we had to straighten up all the aisles and make sure we put toys back in the right places before we left for the night. Anyway, Logan had to go potty so we raced back to the restrooms and they are locked. You have to push a doorbell and they remotely unlock them. I had to push it twice and was looking to ask someone when I heard the buzzer unlocking it. Not very child friendly people! I understand it's for loss prevention, but is there a better way? No other store does this that I've been in. I did find what I was looking for at least. I'd love to shop there more if they could organize the place. Even Goodwill is organized better!
@@@@^^^^@@@@^^^^@@@@^^^^@@@@^^^^@@@@

Christmas is almost here! I can't believe it. I still have no tree up but dh says he'll get it tonight. I have GOT to start wrapping stuff. I can't do it while Ian is awake so I have limited time. I'm excited to see his reaction to the tree- keeping his little hands off of it will be another story.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I went into Ross and thought the same thing you thougth abour Burlington... I just wanted to get out of there!!But I found some sketchers for 20.00 so it was almost worth it. lol