Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year (a bit early here)

but in Australia it's the new year already! LOL

Dh and I are home tonight. Same as last year and the year before that and the year before that.....you get the drift. I don't mind though. I've never really been into the whole NYE party scene. We did go to a party today however. Our playgroup had a NYA (that's New Year's Afternoon) party and Andie hosted for us. The kids had a blast! They played with the train table, played outside and then once it got dark enough, Andie's dh turned on the music and his old dj lights and had a dance party. It was so funny to watch! Logan and Olivia danced and danced together. By the end of the night, Olivia was calling him, her "Prince". Awww. There was also some wrestling/falling to the ground dancing going on between the boys. LOL Even Ian got out there and danced/spun for a bit. He was a bit overwhelmed sometimes I think though. The parents were able to relax for the most part in between refereeing and chasing the little ones (mainly Ian).

Now we're home, the boys are bathed and in bed and hopefully they are tired enough that all the fireworks later won't wake them. The FW have already been popping off for a few hours. I know I have at least 2 more hours to listen to them. My dog hates them. I'm not a Grinch, but I'll be glad when they are over.

On a weight loss journey note- tomorrow is D-day. It will be my one year anniversary on Weight Watchers. I know I've lost 60lbs this year. If that goes up tomorrow, I'll be thrilled. If I maintain, I'll be thrilled. If I gain, I'll know why! I'm already at least 10pts over for the week including all my flex pts. Oops! I have been drinking lots of water so hopefully that will help curb any gain. My "resolution" (I hate that word) is to exercise in the new year so I can finish losing the weight and tone up. I love that I've lost so much weight but now I'm flabby. I refuse to wear a bathing suit. My thighs are gross. At least when they were fat, they were firm. My arms need toning and so does my belly and butt. I know it won't all go away- I'd need surgery for that I think, but I know I can improve it. I think I need to go slow though. Maybe start out at once a week and move to twice a week and so on. I think I may need another video of some sort too. I keep hearing great things about The Firm. I already own Walking Away the Pounds and The Biggest Loser. Any suggestions?
ETA: I lost 62.2lbs total!! That's an additional 1.8lbs this past week. Yea!

On a totally different subject, if you had the chance, would you:

  • get braces for your (my) teeth?
  • get new floors in your home(my living room/hall to be exact)?
  • save the money?

I won't go into it, but we have the chance to do something and I'm not sure what to do. Comments welcome!

AFRICAM- if you haven't seen it yet, this is so neat. It's a webcam facing a watering hole at a lodge on a reserve in Africa. I've seen an elephant, lions, baboons, gazelles and wildebeest (I think). I've heard zebras have been spotted too. Check it out!

No comments: