Saturday, May 03, 2008

My newest creation

My aunt is having a baby! Today was her shower. This is her first baby and boy did she make out on the goodies! I decided to make her a bouquet of "flowers". I saw the idea on the net and decided I could do it for so much cheaper! (seriously, they were $60 on the web). It consisted of regular silk flowers and foliage plus 2 pairs of mittens, 4 onesies and 4 washcloths. I left the wood box plain so she could paint it as she wished (she's an artist).
Here's the result:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If I get to do it again, I'll buy some different wire or some skewers to hold the heavy onesies up better. I'll also add ribbon to the box. I'm always tweaking things as I get to make them.

Bella and I had a good time. I talked to a few people I hadn't seen in years and met some new people. Bella was passed around and everyone ooh-d and aah-d over her. Then it was time to come home to the chaos. ;)

3 comments:

Melodie said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love it.

Amanda said...

Very, very cute!!!!!