Monday, October 13, 2008

Healthcare again

If you have private healthcare, count yourself lucky. I'm so fed up with the KidCare program at the moment. My application was recv'd on Aug 13 and while Logan has healthcare, Ian's was JUST approved on Oct. 9th. Getting thru to Medikids is no easy task either. I got lucky this morning. I also was told we were already past due on payment which made zero sense to me as I had just paid on the 1st. Turns out you have to pay a month ahead so the 1st was for October and I had to pay again on Oct. 1st for November. Do they think I'm just supposed to know this crap? Am I freaking psychic?

And once again, noone can help me with Bella's Medicaid. I call Medicaid and they act all frustrated with me because they are sending the request to KidCare and KidCare is dropping the ball. I call KidCare and they act like they don't know anything. Why can't they run this as one group? Why do the kids all have to have different programs which means sending Bella to one group, Ian to another and Logan to yet another (goes by age)? They are once again resubmitting everything as hopefully a family of 5 so Bella can get some damn healthcare. And you know what? When she turns one, she gets out of Medicaid anyway. I hope I don't have to fight for the next 6 months. This is flippin' ridiculous!

3 comments:

Melodie said...

Just remember that you can get her shots for free at the Health Dept. That's how I kept Sarah and Emily current on theirs while we had no health coverage. I know it's a PITA, but its free, and you can't beat that.

Jaime said...

State health care sucks! My son was covered (4) and my daughter wasn't. Um I applied for them at the same time. So baby is born I get his card in the mail, call about daughters they have no idea what I'm talking about. We applied yet again and still no card. So 2 out of my 3 are covered..VERY frustrating!

Amanda said...

That does sound so frustrating Karlise! I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that craziness. I really hope it all works out getting Bella health care.