Friday, January 25, 2008

And speaking of...

Why is it pregnant woman seem to become so scatterbrained? What is it about pregnancy that causes your brain cell to freeze up? I have a hard time remembering appointments or what I ate yesterday. After the baby is here, it's even worse because then you are sleep deprived on top of it. What time did I feed him last? Which side did I nurse last? Did I change his diaper recently? I know when I had my boys at the hospital, the nurses were always asking how long it had been between feedings? How the hell do I know? I'm exhausted and just want some sleep. Hello?! 23 hours of labor here. I just fibbed with my 2nd. It kept them off my back.

This time around, I know the midwives want you to keep a record too. Ugh! Like I want to write down every time she's fed or changed. This is my 3rd baby, I think I can handle it. But I will be the good little mommy and write it down for their records. I did come across this handy little gadget. Not sure if I want to buy it or not though. I'd still have to write everything down for the 1st 2 weeks or so. At least it would help me remember what side I nursed on, that is if I remembered to push the buttons. I can see in my sleep deprived stupor, not remembering to do that either. It's all a mad cycle!

5 comments:

Melodie said...

You know, it's not as high tech, but they have those bracelets that are supposed to help nursing moms remember when and what side they last nursed, too.

Kandee said...

Yeah, I remember fibbing with Grace while in the hospital...and with Sean...I tried, but I'm sure I missed a few writings...I didn't care anymore. All I knew was that he was nursing when HE wanted to and that was sufficient for me. I too just wanted sleep. Good luck Karlise.

Heather said...

I forget, what were we talking about????

Lindsey said...

LOL!! I've often wondered the same thing!! It's getting so frustrating and I feel like it's happened in the last month that I have absolutely NO MEMORY!!!

I found this site a while back and bookmarked it. I was thinking about getting it:
http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=20

It's one of those bracelets that helps you keep up with all of it. But again, it's something else to remember to keep up with.

Scarlett said...

I like the gadget, but I'm not sure it's worth that much to me. A notebook beside the changing table or your favorite nursing spot works just as well... When I was nursing Hayden, I would put a safety pin on my bra strap on the side I nursed on last, and with Isaac, I used a cheapy elastic bead bracelet to remember which side. I think half the time, I forgot to switch it anyway, but I can usually tell which side I need to start with.