Sunday, January 13, 2008

Front is finished- before and after pics!

Well except for landscaping of course. DH is ready to pull all the bushes out and start over again. That big dead looking bush is our bougainvillea I talked about a little bit yesterday. We still need to paint the back and right side of the house.
Before- plain stucco
Photobucket

Primed and painting
Photobucket

Photobucket

After
Photobucket

Oh and I did help him a little. I taped off the door and windows. There is still some touch up work to be done though as it's hard to tape around stucco. I also feel like the front needs something. I'm just not sure what. Dh thought we should buy some wooden blinds to put behind our room darkening blinds as they look good from the outside(we have them in our dining room window). I like shutters but we took the last ones down as they are wasp attractors. Hmmm... oh I should add, we are thinking about adding a front porch. We don't have much overhang though so I'm not sure how that would work. I'd prefer screened in so we can sit outside without having to deal with bugs but I also like the open look.

4 comments:

Melodie said...

Pretty! How much does your DH charge for house painting? Mine hates painting and doesn't want to do it for me.

Scarlett said...

Yay, Robert! Good job - it looks great! As for what you could add... I was going to say shutters, but then I saw that you said you removed your old ones. Maybe you could add a (larger sized) potted plant near the area where your old section and new section meet? Or one of those wall planters. KWIM? Something to break up that section... I like the idea of a porch too... You could add a small pitched roof over it if you wanted and have it die back into your existing roof. OR you could add a pergola with some climbing plants to grow over top - that would be cool. It wouldn't keep the bugs out, but you'd have a little more shade and it would look great. Just a few ideas...

Holly said...

Wow, Robert did a great job!

What about adding a carport over your drive, and then add an attached screen porch along the front you your house?

Karlise said...

I can't do a carport as it won't fly with building codes or something. We asked our contractor about that.

Dh doesn't want a screened porch so we'll have to make one on the back when we get the funds.