Friday, February 22, 2008

Today's fun!

Our playgroup had their first Mom's Enrichment playdate today. Basically, we decided to start doing a playdate once a month that was mom oriented and today we had 2 CPST(child passenger safety technicians) come over to my house. Both were from the Sheriff's office. We had a great turnout and a lot of info was shared, not only about car seat safety but also about other stuff like predators/sex offenders and fingerprinting. I think everyone took something away from today's meeting.

The best part for me was the fact that at least 3 of our neighbors/friends were worried about the cop cars outside! My next door neighbors (in their 80s) came over to see if I was alright. Bless her, she was really, really worried about me. The neighbor behind us called dh and I guess the neighbor's relative (also a friend of ours) had driven by and also called dh to make sure everything was okay. For a split second, dh forgot about our meeting too and nearly freaked. He quickly recovered though. :) I'm glad there are people looking out for us though!

No comments: