Saturday, August 09, 2008

Clutter Clean

Dh is sleeping. He didn't even wake up to tell the boys goodnight! In his defense, he did wake up early this morning thanks to some loud children and he did work on cleaning out clutter in the laundry room today too. We're trying to get ready for a yard sale and we have so much crap! He did find a couple of cool things though like my Junior High "yearbook" and my high school class picture, my college English papers and my old sticker book complete with Garbage Pail kids, scrath & sniff, Hello Kitty and more! There were also some HS newspapers and my Cabbage Patch kids' birth certificates. LOL Yep, I kept them!

He found a box of books, most of which will go into the yard sale. There are a few there that belonged to my dad when he was a kid, so Dad, if you want them, let me know or I'll just put them away. I have Snoopy & The Red Baron, Robin Hood, The Man in the Iron Mask and a couple of others. These are all OLD books (sorry Dad!).

So now my house is a COMPLETE disaster area. I have bags of toys in the living room, boxes of stuff in the dining room and misc other stuff all over the place. Ugh. Now is when I wish we had a garage to store stuff in. My house is going to look like a mess for weeks! It's going to be at least 2-3 more weeks before we have a yard sale. I think I'm beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed about this. Too much to do!

3 comments:

Karen said...

You know you don't have to put everything out at this yard sale. Just put out whatever you had time to go through and then plan to have another yard sale in a month, lol.

Heather said...

LOL, I gave up and just started ebaying anything valuable and donating the rest. I can't handle the clutter until garage sale time!

jennifer said...

YEA!!! I am so ready for the garage sale.