Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11-01

Where were you on 9-11? That day is forever burned into my memory. I can't remember when Logan got his first tooth, but I can remember 9-11.

I was working at that time. I always had my radio on and was listening to the MJ Morning Show when they broke in that a plane had hit the tower. I told my boss and we ran out to his van which had a tv in it. We were just in time to see the second plane hit. Astonished, stunned, I don't think there's a word to describe what we were feeling at that moment. We knew it just wasn't coincidence even though we hoped it was. We hoped it was just an accident. Just a small plane that hit.

We came back in and although we still needed to work, our ears were glued to the radio. When I heard the first tower had fallen, I told my boss and he didn't believe me. There's no way a skyscraper could just fall. Then the second tower fell. I get chills just thinking about that day.

Oh my. I just turned on MSNBC and they are replaying the news footage from that day. The phone calls from eye witnesses, the actual pictures of the towers burning. It's still so unreal that such an event could occur, that people could be filled with such hatred to kill thousands of innocent people, and not just Americans. There were people from 90 different countries killed in the attacks.

I was glued as were millions of others to the tv for days and weeks to come. Everyone was praying for a miracle, that the rescuers would find someone, anyone alive in the rubble. There are still so many that were never recovered and so many unanswered questions. I hope everyone takes a moment today to reflect, say a prayer and/or moment of silence, and hug your loved ones. My thoughts are with all Americans today and to everyone worldwide who has lost a loved one in the attacks.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yes, I remember. Check my blog to see the answer.